Unconditional Love – What is it? For Parents, Friends and Partners – Part 2
Part 2 of the Unconditional Love Blog by Choose Again
For loving healthy relationships and happy homes get clearer about when love is unconditional and when it’s need.
Hint: Unconditional Love isn’t obligation, tolerating bad behaviour or bargaining.
Unconditional love sounds like:
- “I don’t need you to shield me from pain or discomfort. I need to learn from mistakes to grow.”
- “You don’t need to take care of my emotions I’m learning to do that myself.”
- “Loving you means not doing everything for you at my expense. Or vice versa.”
- “I don’t need to tolerate abuse, neglect or other deal breakers to love you unconditionally.”
- “Please just hear me and accept me, I don’t need you to fix me.”
From the Choose Again Blog