The First Phase
Effective Saturday, June 20th 2020, The Spaces Between Counselling is beginning to transition back to offering some in-person counselling sessions with enhanced safety protocols.
WorkSafe BC is suggesting that the in-person counselling option be chosen only when necessary. Online and Phone counselling sessions are also available.
For example, a necessity may be an inability to access technology or the privacy needed for an effective counselling session by phone or online.
If you are immune-compromised, high risk or live with someone who is, please consider whether in-person therapy is a necessary risk for you
There are some changes to the In-Person sessions:
- New Office Location for now: ME Plaza 20226 Fraser Hwy #215, Langley City, BC V3A 4E6
- In-Office sessions will be Saturdays only starting June 20th. All other days will be open to Phone or Online sessions.
- I’ll have 4 spots available each Saturday. These 4 spots will be 12:30, 2:00, 3:30 and 5:00pm. This gives me time to clean and let the room air out between sessions.
- There will be a consent form to fill out regarding the risks and protocols as set out by my Counselling Association and Work Safe BC. I will send it to you prior to your session in the office.
- The cancellation and reschedule window will change to 48 hours from 24 hours for In-Person. And will have the usual $50 fee for cancellations or rescheduled within that time. If you’re feeling sick, then the session will be changed to phone or online instead. Let me know as soon as possible to find a good option for you.
- When you book your in-person session, you can choose up to 3 different time options. You’ll then receive a confirmation email with the time accepted. (Previously your choice was instantly accepted, if available).
- Waiting room space is currently closed. Please arrive only at your appointed time, no earlier.
- We will not be providing water or tea at this time. Please bring your own beverage if desired.
- If you like to take notes, please bring your own paper and pen.
- We will maintain a safe distance from each other (no hugs or handshakes at this time).
- Use the hand sanitizer available as you enter the office.
- No cash payments are being accepted. Please make your payment by etransfer or credit card online prior to the session.
You may not do an in-office session (and therefore will need to do your session online or over the phone) if you have:
- Visited or passed through another country or province in the last 14 days,
- Been in close contact with anyone who has visited another country or province in the last 14 days,
- Been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, or
- Experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms within the last 14 days (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, or difficulty breathing).
For your health and safety, the following in-office protocols are being followed by us:
- Washing my hands between each client.
- Sanitizing furniture and other points of contact (door handles) between clients.
- Removing any fidget toys, blankets, pens and paper that may be touched by multiple people and not easily sanitized.
This will be a gradual return to regular hours of in-person counselling and I respect your choice about what feels right to you.
Updated: June 10, 2020